1

Big news staff = more voices

Campus Current archive
Dan Elson, left, and Frank Fitzgeralde Libom represent Campus Current on the quad.

Campus Current needs you to round out our staff.
We believe the larger and more diverse our staff, the better our coverage of the community.
We have seen that when we have a large staff, one including members from many different majors, age groups, races, genders and cultures, we get better stories that cover important aspects of our campus.
What are things around campus or in the classroom that concern you that we don’t know about? What are the stories we’re missing because we haven’t lived the experiences you have?
You can let us know what we don’t know. Come to our meetings, engage with us on social media or comment on our stories, stop by the newsroom in Humanities 117 or join our staff.
To represent everyone in the college community, we need representation from all corners of the college community.
One of our editors is still in high school. The stories that someone of that age pitches are totally different from the topics suggested by our 30-year-old reporters.
We have a transgender editor, who looks at stories from a different perspective than a conservative Catholic newsroom manager. Both are valuable. A Jewish reporter brought us new insight and new angles about her experience on campus.
Even students from different majors and fields of interest bring new ideas and stories. A photographer who was also in the Super Science Club last year let us know about events we could cover, like “Star Parties” and a visit from a NASA assistant director.
As a newspaper, we strive to cover every side of every story, and we’ll do that better if you’re contributing your ideas, too.
Big ideas come from a big staff. Will you join ours?