1

Students celebrate Valentine’s Day with live music

Darian Moya Perez
Student volunteer Kyle Neis plays the saxophone at the Swoop’s Sweethearts Valentine’s Day event, hosted by the Student Government Association, on Tuesday

Students hung out and ate cookies while listening to live music at a Valentine’s-themed event on Tuesday.
The Student Government Association hosted the “Swoop’s Sweethearts” event in the Student Union dining hall, with party games and crafts for attendees.
“The event is about sharing love,” Sparsh Verma, SGA’s vice president of public relations, said. “It’s about friendship. It’s about the joy of being together. It’s the start of the spring season. And we really, you know, it’s about bringing the community together again.”
SGA often hosts holiday-themed events like this one throughout the year.
Matt Bacho, SGA’s vice president of finance, said events like Swoop’s Sweethearts help bring students together.
“Our purpose is to build a strong student body and a good, like, network between students,” Bacho, a first-year physics student, said. “And this is just a really great way that we can facilitate that and also just, like, have a little bit of fun talking with somebody.”
Second-year English student Daniel Stephens said he liked the live music played by Kyle Neis, a student volunteer who played the saxophone.
“I think it’s fun,” Stephens said. “It was nice to walk into the cafeteria and be jump scared by a really good saxophone player. I cannot stress this enough: This saxophone player is amazing.”