The award-winning newspaper of Anne Arundel Community College.

Ads
  • At Soapbox Sisters, one of the events for this year's Women's History Month, students will perform speeches and poems by women.
Club Ads
Recently on Instagram
Something is wrong.
Instagram token error.
1
Recently on Twitter

County executive presents fiscal year 2025 budget

Photo courtesy of Strategic Communications
The county executive proposed a budget last week that would fully fund work on the first three floors of the Florestano building. Shown, the recently renovated fourth floor of Florestano.

The Anne Arundel County executive presented his fiscal year 2025 budget last week, which included a $2.4 million funding increase for AACC, $3.3 million less than the college requested.

According to a statement by AACC President Dawn Lindsay, the college will make up for the gap with expenditure reductions and funding from the state.

“As we move ahead, we must collaborate closely to manage operating costs while maintaining the highest quality learning environment for our students,” Lindsay said in the statement. “By working together, we can ensure ongoing support and success.”

The county fully funded renovations on the Dragun building and the first three floors of the Florestano building for fiscal year 2025.

The County Council will decide on a final budget by June 15.