The award-winning newspaper of Anne Arundel Community College.

Ads
  • At Soapbox Sisters, one of the events for this year's Women's History Month, students will perform speeches and poems by women.
Club Ads
Recently on Instagram
Something is wrong.
Instagram token error.
1
Recently on Twitter

Dance Co. founder returns for alumni performance

Courtesy of Lynda Fitzgerald
Long-time Dance Company Director Lynda Fitzgerald will come out of retirement this fall to produce a show alumni from AACC’s dance program. Shown, Fitzgerald with an AACC dance class in 2018.

The founder of the AACC Dance Company will return to direct an alumni dance performance this fall.

Lynda Fitzgerald, who founded the Dance Company in 1989 and directed it for more than 30 years, will direct about 20 alumni in her original modern dance piece, “Perspective.” The piece will be a part of the Dance Company’s fall performance on Dec. 1 and 2 in the Kauffman Theater at 7:30 p.m.

“It’s exciting to be back,” Fitzgerald said. “It’s just terrific. You know, the focus is on the dance and on getting everybody together and just having a good time and no stress.”

Fitzgerald returned to the college last fall to direct a similar performance as part of the Dance Company’s show.

The performance last fall went “really well,” Fitzgerald added.

“To be able to come back and work together and have a concert piece was just great,” Fitzgerald said. “It was so much fun.”

Fitzgerald said the “strong alumni component” reflects well on “the school and the program.”

“These alums are amazing and the fact that they want to come back speaks highly of, you know, the college, the program that we’ve been able to maintain.”