The award-winning newspaper of Anne Arundel Community College.

Ads
  • At Soapbox Sisters, one of the events for this year's Women's History Month, students will perform speeches and poems by women.
Club Ads
Recently on Instagram
Something is wrong.
Instagram token error.
1
Recently on Twitter

AACC evacuates library after vaping incident

Izzy Chase
AACC evacuated its library after a false fire alarm.

AACC evacuated its library Wednesday afternoon after a false fire alarm.

The Department of Public Safety and Police allowed students back into the building after they discovered the source of the alarm, someone vaping in the men’s bathroom.

The library’s Instagram page confirmed this.

Steven Tully, a public safety officer, said students don’t need to worry about the event because “everything’s been cleared.”

Eric Binnix, a third-year engineering student, who was in the library during the evacuation said “it definitely wasn’t a panic or anything. Everyone was super calm from what I can see.”

Zack Buster, a third-year communications student and SGA president said he helped people get out of the building.

“I was in one of the study rooms… and [an] announcement came over that announced that a fire had been reported inside the library and that we needed to get to the nearest exit and avoid elevators,” Buster said. “I started helping people out and then people were getting to close the doors once they were already out.”

Sarah Nimmo, a second-year information student, who was in the library, said the alarm caught her off guard.

“I kind of freaked out a bit because I don’t like sirens and loud noise… so I was shaken a bit,” Nimmo said.