The award-winning newspaper of Anne Arundel Community College.

Ads
  • At Soapbox Sisters, one of the events for this year's Women's History Month, students will perform speeches and poems by women.
Club Ads
Recently on Instagram
Something is wrong.
Instagram token error.
1
Recently on Twitter

SGA hosts ice cream sundae bar

Megan Cunningham
SGA gave out free ice cream sundaes to students at an event on Wednesday.

Over 150 students ate ice cream and took pictures with the school mascot at a Student Government Association event on Wednesday.

Students learned about the SGA’s role at AACC alongside an ice cream sundae bar at the event, which took place in the Student Union dining hall.

“A lot of people don’t even know we have a Student Government Association here, and so if your first introduction to Student Government Association is someone handing you a bowl of free ice cream, I’d say that’s a pretty good first impression,” SGA President Zack Buster said. 

The Student Government Association has hosted similar events before, including a block party earlier this semester, where they gave out tacos and free stuffed animals. 

Vice President of Student Engagement Vanessa Cardozo said she hosted the event to show students that the SGA cared about them.

“Summer is leaving us, so I just wanted to do an event to sort of, you know, come together, eat some ice cream and get into the fall term,” Cardozo, a third-year nursing student, said. 

Jacob Miller, a first-year psychology student said this event was a good opportunity to meet new people. 

“Somebody in my first class today … mentioned it, and I was like, oh that would be super fun to go to,” Miller said.