Professors prep students for art show

Chair+of+Drawing+and+Painting+Matt+Klos+critiques+third-year+studio+arts+student+Erica+Romero%27s+portfolio+pieces.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Professors prep students for art show

Chair of Drawing and Painting Matt Klos critiques third-year studio arts student Erica Romero's portfolio pieces.

Amber Nathan

Amber Nathan

Amber Nathan

Amber Nathan, Editor-in-Chief

Professors helped students prepare on Oct. 9 for an upcoming art show where they can display their artwork to college transfer representatives.

Matt Moore, chair of the Visual Arts Department, and Matt Klos, chair of drawing and painting, reviewed student portfolios and gave both critiques and encouragement.

“I thought they did really, really well,” Klos said about the student artists. “The work was strong and … I was impressed.”

“As an instructor here … I want to make sure that we look good, you know, to the outside. … That we’re producing artists that are of merit and, gosh, these students were great.”

Salisbury University, Maryland Institute College of Art, Laguna College of Art and Design and many other four-year universities will attend the Oct. 30 show to review student artwork.

“It was a learning experience,” Samantha Kent, a second-year visual arts student said. “I loved it.”

“I’m pretty confident,” Erica Romero, a third-year studio arts student said about displaying her art at the show.