1

Students try to start fitness organization

Mason Hood
Second-year business administration student Aidan Gamache is one of two students on campus trying to start a fitness club.

Two AACC students said they hope to start an on-campus club with the goal of promoting fitness.

Aidan Gamache, a second-year business administration student, and John Lorenzana, a second-year mechatronics student, will serve as the co-presidents of AACC’s Fitness Club. Though the club is not official yet, the two students said they expect to soft launch the group by the end of the semester.

“I wanted to allow newer lifters to find a way into fitness,” Gamache said. “And then those experienced lifters to find a way to either share that information or to find other experienced lifters so they can safely reach their own goals.”

Gamache and Lorenzana said the club is intended for students to meet their fitness goals, regardless of how much experience they have.

The club will meet weekly in the gym and offer coaching for newer members and encourage each other to work out more.

Lorenzana said there will be one hybrid meeting, where the club will “talk about, like, the objectives or fitness in general and health.” Other meetings will be in-person in the fitness center, where “we can all work together and figure out, like, what we need to do to, like, achieve our goals.”

Gamache, an experienced lifter, said he hopes to attract students at his level who can spot each other during workouts.

Lorenzana said “it’s a combination” of experienced and new students hoping to join the club. According to Lorenzana, the club has approximately 10 prospective members.