Editor joins in January 2022

Dan Elson - Sports Editor

D'Angelo Williams

Dan Elson – Sports Editor

D'Angelo Williams, Co-Editor

A first-year communications student will become the editor of AACC’s award-winning campus newspaper on Jan. 24.

Dan Elson, who lives in Arnold, said his first goal as editor is to revive the print edition of Campus Current, which has been entirely digital since the beginning of the pandemic in March 2020.

“It’s a great opportunity,” Elson said. “I’m a little nervous. That’s expected with every new job.”
Elson replaced former Editor-in-Chief Dominic Salacki, a fourth-year media production student.

“I don’t think a lot of people know there is a digital newspaper as well,” Elson said. “Since the print newspaper is laid out in all the buildings, I think people will just pick it up and read it.”

Elson is the only first-year student to lead the student newspaper since faculty adviser Sharon O’Malley joined the AACC staff six years ago.

“Dan is a great writer and reporter, and he’s passionate about journalism,” O’Malley said. “He was the obvious choice, even though he’s not as experienced as some past editors.”

Zack Buster, a first-year communications student and associate editor of Campus Current, agreed.

“He seems like he’s really into it,” Buster said, “and just really wants to get stuff done, and is ambitious about it. He has big goals. That’s what I love about him.”