Annapolis alternative rock band lead singer shares measure of success with E-Club

Jimmie%E2%80%99s+Chicken+Shack+lead+singer+Jimi+HaHa+says+happiness+is+his+measure+of+success.+

Photo courtesy of Jimi Haha

Jimmie’s Chicken Shack lead singer Jimi HaHa says happiness is his measure of success.

Johannes Haasbroek, Editor-in-Chief

The lead singer of an Annapolis alternative rock band told AACC E-Club members last week that his measure of success is happiness.

In a virtual question-and-answer session, Jimmie’s Chicken Shack lead singer Jimi HaHa told a group of eight students and faculty that his father’s death changed the way he thinks of success.

“When he died, I realized he had spent his life working really, really hard so we could have a decent life and I was boundlessly grateful,” he explained. “But … I felt sorry that he didn’t get to drive across the country. And so, I decided at that moment … I was never ever going to do anything for financial gain. I was only going to do something because I felt compelled to do it because I could die tomorrow so I am going to do what I love to do.”

Entrepreneur Club President Na’Quan Willett said Haha inspired him.

“People like Jimi HaHa are perfect examples that you’re going to go through downfalls; you’re going to go through obstacles,” Willett, a second-year entrepreneurship student, said. “But once you stay persistent, you’re going to find a way to get through.”

E-Club adviser Stephanie Goldenberg said the club is planning a video editing workshop for Oct. 7.