New online store sells AACC athletic gear

Jacob Hudson

A new athletic store is open online to sell gear and shirts similar to those student athletes like Men’s Basketball forward Davon Jones wear for warm-ups.

Jacob Hudson, Associate Editor

AACC Athletics opened an online store in January to sell sports apparel with the blue, gold and white Riverhawks logo.

The store, part of athletic gear vendor SquadLocker, sells shirts, hoodies, pants, shorts, hats, backpacks and a blanket branded with the names of any of the college’s 12 sports teams.

“We have had fans and more specifically student athletes and their parents interested in purchasing gear that resembles what the players wear and what the players get,” Hillary Fisher, assistant athletic director, communications, said.

The store is online only and features custom-made items. Fisher said SquadLocker makes each item when a consumer orders it.

The store sells Under Armour and Russell Athletic clothing in gray, black, gold, blue and white.

Prices range from $15.70 to $68.20.

Fans may mix and match colors and logos and can request any name or number for the back, sleeve or leg of some of the clothing for approximately $10 to $15.

SquadLocker ships each order directly to the consumer and passes part of the sales price to AACC, which applies it to the accounts that support each team, Fisher said.

Students said they’re interested in the online store.

“If it makes it easier for them to get it online, students may be encouraged to buy it more and show it off more,” Jamira Johnson, a third-year transfer studies student, said.

First-year computer science student Kyle Cho agreed.

“It shows support to the sports teams throughout the school,” Cho said. ”I think fans would be especially excited because they will be able to rep their favorite teams.”

Shoppers can access the store from the AACC Athletics website.