Dean of student engagement gets on VIP list

Tiffany+Boykin%2C+dean+of+student+engagement%2C+made+The+Daily+Records+2019+VIP+list.+

Courtesy of Lisa Fleet Photography

Tiffany Boykin, dean of student engagement, made The Daily Record’s 2019 VIP list.

Amber Nathan, Editor-in-Chief

A business and legal newspaper announced the winners of its 2019 VIP List in July, listing AACC’s dean of student engagement among its honorees.

Tiffany Boykin, who has worked at the college since March 2016, also scored another recognition from “Diverse” magazine earlier this year.

One of her most recent accomplishment is being on The Daily Record’s 2019 VIP List, which honors successful Maryland leaders 40 years old and under.

“I was thrilled to learn about … being among such an incredible group of leaders in the state,” Boykin said. “I was absolutely honored … It’s always a good thing to be recognized by your peers.”

“My family was very excited,” Boykin added. “My husband is my biggest cheerleader, and so he always sees me as a VIP. So he was excited to learn that others also recognized my hard work and [the] things that I’ve been striving to achieve with regard to my community and my profession.”

Boykin said she feels her recognitions benefit her whole community, because she can serve as a role model for others.

“When you’re recognized by your peers and you are … elevated to a certain platform where others can also see your achievements, I think that’s helpful for the community as a whole. Because people are then able to see the work that you’re doing; they’re able to see the impact you have.”

There will be a reception on Sept. 19 to honor winners of the Very Important Professionals Successful by 40 awards at Gertrude’s in the Baltimore Museum of Art.