Campus Activities Bd. to host karaoke events

Daniel Salomon

Former Campus Current photo editor Raquel Hamner belts out a song while practicing with friends for an upcoming karaoke outing. AACC will host karaoke events this semester.

Daniel Salomon, Co-Editor

The Campus Activities Board will host a monthly karaoke event in the SUN Dining Hall starting March 4.

CAB is a club that hosts events on campus for students.

“We’re just looking for something different than our normal club cafes … where we would bring someone in to play music,” Neena Robertson, faculty adviser for CAB, said.

Zach Hall, a student who took a winter class on mechanical engineering, said he likes to sing and called the idea “cool.”

Robertson said the “CAB members and CAB exec board did get a lot of requests for karaoke. So, we’re going to try it out and see how it goes this semester.”

Sam Ryan, a student who took a winter Spanish course, said the idea is “fun, but not for me. I’m too scared to get in front of people and sing.”

According to Robertson, CAB also will host events on the first few days of the spring semester starting on Jan. 23.

These events include a hot cocoa bar in the CALT Building lobby from 10 a.m. to noon on Jan. 23; a letter art exercise for students to make words from photos of objects that resemble letters of the alphabet on Jan. 24 and free Chick-fil-A on Jan. 25 at noon in the SUN Dining Hall.

CAB’s other upcoming events throughout the semester are a board gaming event called “Game On,” a performance from band Nelly’s Echo and an Easter egg hunt.