Involvement Fair brings students together

Back to Article
Back to Article

Kat Pfeiffer, a second year art student, and Chris Lins, the president of the Art Association, promoted their club at the Student Involvement Fair on Jan. 31.

By Roxanne Ready

By Roxanne Ready

By Roxanne Ready

Roxanne Ready, Editor-in-Chief

Students filled the SUN Dining Hall to learn about clubs and activities at the spring Student Involvement Fair.

Thirty-one student clubs and programs hosted tables from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to talk about their plans for the semester and encourage students to join.

“[The fair is a] great way to meet people and see what is on campus,” said Maggie Jones, a third-year transfer studies student who said she signed up for three clubs.

Some club members handed out goodies, such as the Biology and Environmental Club, which gave out wildflower seeds; the Cyber and Technology program, which had sheets of paper airplane instructions; and the Entrepreneurial Studies Institute, which handed out money-shaped cookies to promote their upcoming business pitch competition.

AACC hosts the event every semester to promote student engagement.

[It’s] good to see new faces and see other clubs,” Kat Pfeiffer, a second-year studio art student and member of the Art Association club member said.

Becky Dobry, a photo and theater major and vice president of the Anime Club, and Tessa Fowler, club president, used Japanese memorabilia to brighten their table.