Involvement Fair brings students together

By Roxanne Ready

Kat Pfeiffer, a second year art student, and Chris Lins, the president of the Art Association, promoted their club at the Student Involvement Fair on Jan. 31.

Roxanne Ready, Editor-in-Chief

Students filled the SUN Dining Hall to learn about clubs and activities at the spring Student Involvement Fair.

Thirty-one student clubs and programs hosted tables from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. to talk about their plans for the semester and encourage students to join.

“[The fair is a] great way to meet people and see what is on campus,” said Maggie Jones, a third-year transfer studies student who said she signed up for three clubs.

Some club members handed out goodies, such as the Biology and Environmental Club, which gave out wildflower seeds; the Cyber and Technology program, which had sheets of paper airplane instructions; and the Entrepreneurial Studies Institute, which handed out money-shaped cookies to promote their upcoming business pitch competition.

AACC hosts the event every semester to promote student engagement.

[It’s] good to see new faces and see other clubs,” Kat Pfeiffer, a second-year studio art student and member of the Art Association club member said.

Becky Dobry, a photo and theater major and vice president of the Anime Club, and Tessa Fowler, club president, used Japanese memorabilia to brighten their table.