AACC’s Men’s Basketball fall short in 1st home game

Vincent Moreland, Reporter

AACC’s Riverhawks Men’s basketball lost their home opener Nov. 15 to the Community College of Baltimore County Dundalk’s Lions 70-63.

Guard Terry Kenner scored 19 points, shooting 8-17 from the court and 3-5 from three-point range. Kenner also contributed three rebounds and four assists.

“They just got us,” said Kenner. “They controlled the boards [and] were a real athletic team.”

The Lions outscored the Riverhawks 46-36 in the second-half, after AACC led 27-24 at halftime, partly because of the 17 Riverhawks’ turnovers compared to the Lions’ 14 turnovers.

Despite the errors, head coach Joe Snowden said he believes his team will get better.

“[We had] too many turnovers,” said Snowden. “We’ve got a young team. … We need to trust ourselves more in the game [and] rebound better.”

The Riverhawks started the season 0-3.

Captain and forward Clinton Smith, who scored eight points, had six rebounds and five assists, said the Lions’ ability to draw fouls and score free throws had an impact.

“[In the] second half, we were together,” Smith said. “But we let up on our defense and they got too many buckets inside the paint.”

CCBC Dundalk shot 14-19 foul shots, compared to AACC’s 3-6 from the free throw line.

The Riverhawks’ next four games are home games at the Arnold Campus.

Kenner said he was confident about the team’s chances.  “[Our] chemistry is getting a lot better… We’re gonna be alright.”