Kreider leaves role as program coordinator

Steve Kreider has left AACC to work at The Catholic University of America in a similar job.

Photo courtesy of Steve Kreider

Tre Mooring, Co-editor

Steve Kreider, who oversaw the activities of campus clubs and the Student Government Association since 2015, has left AACC for a job at The Catholic University of America.
The former program coordinator in AACC’s Office of Student Engagement, Kreider managed student organizations, co-advised the SGA and oversaw The Nest, which he created as an online platform for campus clubs.

“It was great [to work with Kreider],” said Christine Storck, director of the Office of Student Engagement. “He was very easy to work with, very easy-going …He was very patient.”
SGA President Johnathan O’Dea agreed. “As not only a student but someone who worked at the office… Steve was a great person to work with, a great resource to be able to go to and a great adviser as well,” he said.

Kreider will be the director of campus activities at The Catholic University. He said he will oversee a department there similar in responsibilities to AACC’s Office of Student Engagement. Kreider said he will miss AACC.

“I think what I’ll miss most … is all the great people I got to work with, from the student engagement staff to the other faculty and staff members.”

Emily Dreszer, president of AACC’s One Love student club and a campus ambassador, called Kreider “the best thing, in my opinion, that happened to Student Engagement. He brought all these great things to campus.”

She praised AACC’s Habitat for Humanity Alternative Spring Break, which Kreider coordinated.
“My best friends are only because I stayed on campus for the things that he brought to this campus,” Dreszer said.

Storck said she will fill in as the point person for student organizations.