Santa Claus is coming

Photo courtesy of AACC Office of Public Safey and Police

The AACC Department of Public Safety and Police holds a Toys for Tots drive every year.

Grace Koehne, Reporter

AACC students and faculty have been preparing for the holidays since the end of October.

Throughout November, the college hosted events leading to the Thanksgiving holiday. These events included a food drive to help struggling families, hosted by the Professional and Support Staff Organization Community Service Committee, and the Empty Bowls Project, selling soup and rolls to benefit the AACC Food Pantry.

“I think it’s really great how charitable AACC is around the holiday season,” said second-year student Alexa Horeff. “It really brings the school together.”

The Ceramics Club also hosted a holiday pottery sale, featuring ceramic pieces hand-made by students and their instructors, on Nov. 28.

Looking forward to December, students and faculty will mix final exams with holiday events on campus.

The campus will host Breakfast with Santa on Dec. 3 in the Student Union dining hall. The event is open to students, faculty, staff and their families, and features free breakfast, an appearance by Santa and a craft session.

The campus Toys for Tots drive runs through Dec. 15. AACC’s Department of Public Safety is sponsoring the drive and has a drop-off box for new toys in the Central Services building.
Finals week is Dec. 13-18.

AACC President Dawn Lindsay said she is looking forward to spending time with loved ones over the holidays. “I think that balance that comes when we’re with our family and friends outside of our work makes us better workers,” she said.