Commuters weigh in on parking availability

The+best+times+to+park+on+campus+are+before+8+a.m.+or+after+4+p.m.%2C+according+to+students.+

Photo by Brad Dress

The best times to park on campus are before 8 a.m. or after 4 p.m., according to students.

Grace Koehne, Reporter

AACC students said parking on campus after 8 a.m. is nearly impossible.

In an informal poll of 20 students in November, 17 told Campus Current that parking on campus was difficult, while two said they had no problems with parking.

“There’s a lot of parking by the annexes, which I think people don’t realize,” said AACC sophomore Jessica Bone.

AACC’s campus has 4,532 parking spaces, with 3,845 available for student parking. However, the number of available spots seems to take away the luxury of parking near where classes are held on campus.

“Parking is awful,” said freshman Ray Narvaez. “I had to park so far away that I now get dropped off by a friend or parent.”

The consistent answer from the poll has been before 8 a.m. or after 4 p.m. as the prime times to find a decent parking spot.

“Early mornings and evenings it’s good, but otherwise you end up fighting for a parking spot and it can get pretty scary,” said first-semester student Kari King.

While funding for the new Health Sciences and Biology building is still in the process of receiving approval, the area where the building is will require an additional 220 spaces.