The Nest props up AACC clubs

Tony Petro, Club News Editor

Student clubs have a new online tool to help them manage their organizations.

The Nest, which the Office of Student Engagement introduced last semester, is one accessible location for all of AACC’s student organizations.

Steve Kreider, program coordinator for the Office of Student Engagement, said The Nest makes running the organizations easier for student leaders and faculty advisers because it centralizes membership information, forms and records for each club.

Kreider said the tool helps club presidents “learn valuable leadership skills.”

The Nest became fully operational at the beginning of the fall semester.

Six new student organizations started up over the last year: The Riverwhips Auto Club, E-Quest, International Student Association, Student Stage Combat Association, Young Life College and the Student Political Association.

“One great thing about The Nest is that any information on any student organization you need is there,” said Joshua Henry, president of the Student Political Association. “A description of SPA, our constitution, our board members, and dates for our events and fundraisers are all there.”

Henry founded SPA halfway through the 2016 spring semester. Henry struggled to find students to fill all the board member positions, but with the upcoming presidential election in November, SPA’s membership has grown to 17.

“Fortunately, at the beginning of this semester we finally filled the position of vice president,” Henry said. “Claire Haas is our new VP and she has done an excellent job.”

Information on other student organizations is on The Nest at nest.aacc.edu, or as Kreider calls it, “The easiest URL to remember.”