AACC to rename CALT building

Back to Article
Back to Article

AACC to rename CALT building

The Center for Applied Learning and Technology is scheduled to be renamed following the Sept. 13 Board of Trustees meeting.

Photo by Britney Pieraldi

Photo by Britney Pieraldi

Photo by Britney Pieraldi

Mary McKiel, Campus Life Editor

The college’s Board of Trustees approved renaming the Center for Applied Learning and Technology building on the west side of the Arnold campus to the Vanous-Nutt Center for Applied Learning and Technology.

The building is being renamed in honor of Harold and Lillian Vanous-Nutt for their significant philanthropic contributions to the college.

Mr. and Mrs. Nutt are the largest donors in the history of the Anne Arundel Community College Foundation, Inc. According to the minutes of the Sept. 13 Board of Trustees meeting, the Vanuous-Nutt contributions of over $2.7 million dollars will help current and future students through the Lillian Vanous-Nutt Scholarship and will support the strategic needs of the college through the Foundation. 

“From the perspective of the Foundation and college, we are so grateful for donors who have funded scholarships and for general contributions to the college.” Vollie Melson, Executive Director of the AACC Foundation, said.

Melson noted the importance of the Vanous-Nutt contribution as part of their legacy that supports AACC and students. 

The college plans on unveiling a plaque in the CALT building commemorating the renaming of the building after it occurs.