The award-winning newspaper of Anne Arundel Community College.

Ads
  • At Soapbox Sisters, one of the events for this year's Women's History Month, students will perform speeches and poems by women.
Club Ads
Recently on Instagram
Something is wrong.
Instagram token error.
1
Recently on Twitter

OSE hosts event, gives out free farm produce to promote safety

Divine Mesumbe
Basic needs and student engagement assistant Andrew Barzal, a first-year human service student, gave out free farm produce to students at the event.

Students got free farm produce, learned about safety at an event on Wednesday.

The Office of Student Engagement and the health and wellness center hosted the Spring Safety Social & Hungry Harvest Free Produce Market event to share resources centered around safety to bring awareness to students.

Katie Keys, the project director for sexual violence, said the event wanted to focus on all aspects of safety and show students resources on-campus.

“With spring break kind of around the corner we wanted to take a holistic approach to wellness so obviously that includes safety,” Keys said.

Additional resources at the event included the Department of Public Safety, the Anne Arundel County Police Department, the Stalking Prevention Awareness and Resource Center and the Legal Studies Institute.

Kseniia Kopylova, a second-year cybersecurity student, said the event is helpful for students because it shows students what resources are available. 

“It’s a chance for students to know what the college can offer,” Kopylova said.

Aidan Yeger, a second-year online security and management student, said the event talked about “an important topic.”

Associate Editor Izzy Chase contributed to this story.