1

Truxal Library opens on weekends again

Carmen Scannell
The Truxal Library in February began opening from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.

The Truxal Library began opening for students on Saturdays and Sundays from noon to 4 p.m., starting Feb. 4.

The library study rooms and work spaces, as well as reference and circulation desks, will be available during these extended hours.

The library is extending its hours to meet student demand, according to library Director Cindy Steinhoff.

“We need to be able to serve those students who are here on [weekends],” Steinhoff said.

According to Steinhoff, the library is moving closer to its pre-pandemic hours now that students are coming back to campus.

Last semester, the library was open 8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, and 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Fridays.

Before the pandemic, the library was open on the weekends on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sundays from noon to 5 p.m. When COVID hit, the library closed over the weekends and Fridays, and shortened its weekday hours.

According to Steinhoff, the library hired additional part-time staff to work the new weekend hours.

The Technology Learning Center will now open on the weekends, following the library’s hours. Other non-library services, such as the Military/Veterans Resource Center and the Writing Center, will maintain their old hours.