1

Campus panel showcases AI development

Everett Luoma
Jesse Alton, a co-founder of tech company Magick ML, was one of several presenters at the Exploration of Artificial Intelligence panel on Wednesday

A speaker at the Exploration of Artificial Intelligence panel on Wednesday said we should embrace artificial intelligence rather than halt its development.

Ahmed Masud, CEO of saf.ai, inc., was one of four speakers at the event, which was held in the Health and Life Sciences building lecture hall.

“There seems to be a lot of positive energy towards trying to actually get a jumpstart on the AI revolution that’s happening globally,” Masud said. “I think that this can lead to a lot of fantastic, immediate opportunities.”

Six startup AI companies also showcased their business at the event in front of a panel of judges.

Lance Bowen, AACC’s dean of science, technology and education, said the event showcased the impact AI will have on education.

“As we move into the future, I’m excited to see where it leads us, where it takes us,” Bowen said. “The opportunities are almost limitless.”

Peter Hess, a community member who attended the event, said it was “a great panel of diverse viewpoints.”