SMELLS LIKE TEAM SPIRIT

Courtesy of Chris Pineda

“Here we are now. Entertain us.”

Jaso Bolay, Editor

From Nov. 18 through Nov. 21, Anne Arundel Community College’s Student Association will be hosting the college’s first ever spirit week.

“It’s to get everybody involved and active on campus,” said Chris Pineda, president of the Student Association. “We are trying to get the students to support our athletes more. We’re trying to get them more attention.”

Starting on Tuesday, Nov. 18, students are encouraged to wear their pajamas to school as long as it is school appropriate.

On Wednesday, Nov. 19, students are being asked to wear black to show support for the Pioneers. With two upcoming women’s and men’s basketball games taking place, SA will be holding a pep rally at 1 p.m. in the SUN dining hall to get students pumped about the upcoming games.

Both the women’s and men’s basketball teams will be competing against their rivals, Chesapeake College, on Wednesday. The women’s basketball team will be playing at 5 p.m. and the men’s basketball team will be following them on the court at 7 p.m.

SA will also be giving out items that were donated by the school bookstore such as AACC jackets, hats and other things.

“It’s the day both basketball teams play their rival team,” said Pineda. “It will be a good way to get people involved and to have some fun.”

Thursday, Nov. 20, will be throwback Thursday. Students will be encouraged to change up their styles and have some fun. Students can channel their favorite styles from the 70s, 80s and 90s and have fun with it.

Friday, Nov. 21, will be AACC’s spirit day. Everyone is being asked to wear their AACC apparel and join SA at 5 and 7 p.m. to help cheer the Pioneers to a win.

Joining in with the celebratory week, AACC’s bookstore will be selling AACC apparel at a discounted price.

“The more support [our sports teams] can get, the more motivated they will be to represent,” said Pineda.