Come See The Tom Lagana Group!

Courtesy of Susan Gross

Musician Tom Lagana romancing his guitar.

Miguel Valarino, Reporter

The Tom Lagana Group will be coming to AACC on Oct. 31 at 3 p.m. in room 224 of the Cade Center of Fine Arts as a part of AACC’s World-Class Jazz Series.

Tom Lagana is a local artist from Maryland and his group consists of a guitarist, a saxophonist, a bassist and a drummer.

The Tom Lagana Group will be hosting an open Jazz Clinic. During this event, Lagana will be giving a presentation to their audience. They will also be answering questions in hopes of creating an opportunity for their audience members to learn.

“What we have happen is students then perform for the guest artist and then they work with them.” Said Ian Wardenski, an Assistant Professor of Music at AACC. “Unfortunately, in this clinic we are not able to do that…some of the members of the fall Jazz Company are not able to be here Friday so we are just going to hold it as a traditional clinic.”

“He’s going to be doing a bit of some Latin music at his concert as well as some more standard straight ahead stuff.” Said Wardenski “One of the reasons why I chose him was because of what he brings to the style of jazz.”

The Tom Lagana Group, brought to you by AACC’s Student Association and Jazz Department, will be performing at 8 p.m. on Nov. 1 in the Humanities room 112 as a part of the school’s World-Class Jazz Series.

The tickets will be $5 for AACC students, $10 for AACC faculty and staff, outside students, senior citizens and military groups, and $15 for general admission.

For more information, please visit http://www.aacc.edu/performingarts/events.cfm.