We Want Cheep Chikin at Chick-Fil-A

Jaso Bolay, Editor

Several students who eat at Chick-Fil-A have noted that the prices of the food catered at Anne Arundel Community College are inflated.

“That isn’t right.” Said Claire Purvis, president of the Psychology Club. “Especially for college campus students who are on a budget.”

While Chick-Fil-A does commute from Severna Park, Md to vend food in either the CALT or the Cade building between Mondays and Thursdays, the menu that is available to students lacks a large amount of the foods that are offered at local Chick-Fil-A fast food restaurants.

On campus, students can either purchase a Chick-Fil-A classic chicken for $3.75 or a spicy chicken sandwich for $4.05. Whereas in the food chain restaurants, the original price for a classic chicken is $3.05 and the spicy chicken is $3.29.

A grilled chicken cool wrap on campus is $6.45 and in-store it is priced at $5.19. And for a chocolate chunk cookie that is priced at $1.45 here on campus, in-store it can be bought for $1.19.

“Chick-Fil-A has to pay AACC a gratuity for coming here so upping the price helps balance out the difference. We’re hoping to be in that café [CALT café] by November,” Said Rob, a vendor of Chick-Fil-A.

The reason the prices are elevated is because Chick-Fil-A has to commute from its restaurant, according to Rob.

With the price of classes, commuting off and on campus, books and the day to day cost of living, some of the students are left feeling jaded by both AACC and Chick-Fil-A.

“No matter what place or restaurant it is, it shouldn’t be more expensive,” Said Purvis.

Rob, vendor from Severna Park’s Chick-Fil-A passing out free sandwiches  to students.
Rob, vendor from Severna Park’s Chick-Fil-A passing out free sandwiches
to students.