Campus Current

Possible gas leak causes smoke, evacuation

Alex Fregger, Daily Reporter

February 8, 2019

The Cade building was evacuated today at 12:54 p.m. as students in class smelt burning rubber and saw smoke. At around 12:30 AACC facilities were notified of a possible gas leak and a smell of burning plastic or oil. Shortly...

County residents say ‘yes’ to metal detectors in schools

Roxanne Ready, Editor-in-Chief

May 1, 2018

The majority of Anne Arundel County residents think metal detectors in schools are a good idea, according to a March survey by AACC.  In a Center for the Study of Local Issues survey of 663 county residents, 69 percent said m...

Students feel safe but remain cautious

Daniel Salomon, Digital Editor

May 1, 2018

AACC students said they don’t worry that they will be sexually harassed on campus. In an informal poll of 20 students, 12 said they do not feel vulnerable to sexual harassment anywhere on the AACC Arnold campus. “I have...

The independent student newspaper of Anne Arundel Community College.
campus safety