Men’s Basketball starts 2019 season

Brayden Nazarian, Sports Editor

AACC Men’s Basketball has more new team members than returning players this season, and according to the head coach, this comes with some challenges.
But coach Joe Snowden said they can use the team’s new strengths to their advantage, even though last season’s tallest players have left.
“We really don’t have a lot of height,” Snowden explained. “This team [has] speed. We can pressure a lot, and we can run up and down the floor with a fast pace.”
“We [have to] change a lot,” returning guard and second-year criminal justice student Matt Kern agreed. “Last year we had a lot of size … and we just [have to] work with what we’ve got.”
Guard and second-year transfer studies student Joseph Chase said he thinks the team can build off of its last season.
“We have a great team,” Chase said. “We just got to work hard in practice.”
Snowden stressed the importance of the team’s returning players, as well as the impact its new players will have.
“I’m excited to have Joe Chase and Matt Kern back,” Snowden said. “I’m excited to coach Davon Jones, Michael Cantrell and Jamar Young. I think those three will hopefully add that flavor all teams need.”
Jones is a first-year business administration transfer student, and both Cantrell and Young are first-year health fitness and exercise students.
Men’s Basketball is coming off of an 11-16 record from 2018, which was their best season since 2013-2014.
The regular season begins Nov. 2 at home against Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology at 3 p.m.