Former inmate to speak at AACC

Former+inmate+at+Patuxent+Institution+Chris+Wilson+got+his+AACC+degree+while+serving+time.+He+wrote+a+book+called+%22The+Master+Plan%3A+My+Journey+from+Life+in+Prison+to+a+Life+of+Purpose%2C%22+and+plans+to+help+Anonymous+Content+make+it+into+a+film.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Former inmate to speak at AACC

Former inmate at Patuxent Institution Chris Wilson got his AACC degree while serving time. He wrote a book called

Former inmate at Patuxent Institution Chris Wilson got his AACC degree while serving time. He wrote a book called "The Master Plan: My Journey from Life in Prison to a Life of Purpose," and plans to help Anonymous Content make it into a film.

Photo by Jai Lennard

Photo by Jai Lennard

Photo by Jai Lennard

Tom Ostrye, Web Designer

An author, convicted of murder, who earned his Associate Degree in prison from AACC will speak at the Arnold campus on Sept. 30 at 3:30 p.m.

Convicted, charged and sentenced to natural life in prison at age 17, Chris Wilson went to Patuxent Institution, told he had no chance of parole.

He knew his life needed to change, and Patuxent Institution gives inmates the opportunity to educate themselves so they can get a job after serving their time. Wilson took that opportunity and earned his high school diploma, plus an associate degree from AACC.

According to business professor Stephanie Goldenberg, “Our professors actually go to the prison and do a low-tech instruction. Everything that they do has to be approved and reviewed.”

Wilson was able to have his sentence reduced to 16 years. After being released, Wilson was a student in the inaugural class of University of Baltimore’s Entrepreneurship Fellows Program.

Wilson will share his story of hope for the hopeless at the Kauffman Theater, located in the Pascal Center for Performing Arts. He will answer questions about his story at a Q&A session.

Campus Current is hosting the event with support from the Entrepreneur Club.

Wilson’s book, “The Master Plan: My Journey from Life in Prison to a Life of Purpose,” will be for sale at the event.

Wilson also developed a passion for art; his artwork will be on display in the lobby.