Campus Current takes 2 awards at convention

Back to Article
Back to Article

Editor-in-Chief Alexandra Radovic and Multimedia Editor Daniel Nickerson display the awards Campus Current won for the student newspaper and website.

Alex Fregger, Podcaster

AACC’s Campus Current newspaper staff visited the San Diego area for a college journalism convention in early March and left with two awards.

The student newspaper won second place for Best of Show Award among two-year college newspapers, and third place for its website, which updates news stories daily.

The Associated Collegiate Press/College Media Business and Advertising Managers National College Journalism Convention took place from Feb. 28 to March 3 in La Jolla, California. Seven Campus Current editors attended.

The Associated Collegiate Press based its choice of Best of Show finalists from four-year and two-year colleges on outstanding coverage of the news, quality of writing, leadership, design, photography and graphics.

“I think our team is really dedicated to what we do and it was a proud moment for everybody because we know it’s not just one person’s award,” Campus Current Editor-in-Chief Alexandra Radovic, a third-year elementary education and journalism student, said.