Theater Club hosts improv fundraiser

Elizabeth Spearman, Campus Life Editor

AACC’s Theater Club raised $250 for the upcoming “Addams Family” production by hosting an improv show on Feb. 10.

Approximately 50 people attended the Improv Troupe: Mullet Proof.

Mullet Proof played nine games during the performance, from a word game–the audience controlled how many words the performers could say in one sitting–to a mock dating game.

In the dating game three of the troupe members played contestants, and pretended to be a certain person or an object. The fourth contestant, after a couple of rounds of questioning, had to guess what the others were pretending to be. Again, the audience was able to pick which role the performers were able to play.

Each member took time in the start of the game to explain the rules and to ask the audience members for suggestions on certain aspects of the game.

“Each act was good in its own way. … I really did think they all did an awesome job,” Mackenzie Manis, a massage therapy major, said.

All of the proceeds from the Improv show go toward paying for props and costumes for “The Addams Family,” according to Sean Urbantke, an assistant professor of theater.

“I am very excited for “Addams Family,” Stephanie Condon, a theater technician and student at AACC, said. “I feel that it will be the best show yet.”

Additionally, Theater Club President Sydney Biuk said the club will host fundraisers at restaurants in Severna Park and Annapolis.

The improv group has open practices for anyone to watch and join every Friday at 7 p.m. in Florestano 101.

“The Addams Family: The Musical” will premiere on March 31 and play on April 1, 2, 7, 8 and 9 in the Kauffman Theater.