Theater puts on In Love and Warcraft performance at AACC

The+actors+of+In+Love+and+Warcraft+in+full+costume+for+their+performance.+

Photo courtesy of the Theater Department

The actors of In Love and Warcraft in full costume for their performance.

Khadean Coombs, Entertainment Editor

AACC’s Performing Arts’ fall production, “In Love and Warcraft” closed on Sunday, Nov. 6.

The performance follows Evie, played by Natalie Nankervis, who is a college student, video game addict and love expert, and offers her advice to help couples get back together. However, Evie avoids love herself, until Raul, played by Mikey Bannigan, comes along to show how great love can be in the real world.

Throughout the show, many characters were introduced to the audience, Two of which who stood out were comic reliever Kitty, played by Danielle Sparr, Evie’s best friend who is also obsessed with sex and Ryan, played by David Foster, Evie’s slacker video game boyfriend, who eventually breaks up with her.

From the way he smacked on his chips, rolled his eyes and stomped his feet, Foster had an amazing performance and played one of the funniest characters.

Brooke Penn, an ensemble cast member, had the crowd laughing hard during an awkward scene about her time of the month.

Nankervise and Sparr performed phenomenally, especially in a scene where they only wore towels and sheets. The ability to hone in on their role and their humor were also what made their characters noteworthy.

From college student to a DJ, ensemble cast member Ryan Howe had many roles. He played a Puerto Rican hairstylist and although he dropped his accent multiple times, the crowd still loved his performance.

The stage crew, Sam Biuk and Genevieve Ethridge, added to the performance. The set shifted seamlessly from a coffee shop to a Warcraft video game, providing wonderful scenery for the audience to take in.

The audience absolutely loved the performance and the cast and crew received a standing ovation.

From an outsider’s perspective, the title, In Love and Warcraft is strange and doesn’t seem to fit, but after the performance, it makes perfect sense.