Advisory Council approves constitutions, elects senator

Photo by Cody Colston

Advisory Council is comprised of representatives from each club and meets on the first Monday of each month.

Tony Petro, Club News Editor

The Advisory Council at AACC approved constitutions for three new clubs, and an amendment for the Campus Activity Board’s constitution.

The presidents for the new clubs; Doctors Nurses & Beyond, Renaissance Club for Enlightenment & Personal Growth and One Love, presented their constitutions to the council and all three were unanimously approved.

President of CAB, Diana Rapine presented amendments to their constitution. These amendments included the addition of a Social Media Chairman position as well as additions to removal policies and accountability policies for executive board members. The council unanimously approved these amendments.

Following the approval of the student organization constitutions, the Advisory Council had the Senators for each district stand up and report upcoming events and activities the clubs in their district are hosting.

The council also nominated and elected a new district senator during their meeting on Monday.

Austin Gannon, president of the psychology club, volunteered for one of the open district senator positions. The motion was set and he was unanimously voted to fill one of the vacancies.

The Advisory Council will meet again on Dec. 5th.