The Holiday Spectacular

Miguel Valarino, Photographer

The AACC Concert Choir and Chamber Singers will be holding the Holiday Spectacular Winter Concert on Dec. 13 at 8 p.m. and Dec. 14 at 2 p.m. in the Robert Kauffman Theatre.

Holiday Spectacular in story

The performance will be led by Eleanor Minor and Douglas Byerly, directors of the Concert Choir and Chamber Singers. The event will include musical presentations from ten professional soloists who will collaborate with the chorus that is integrated by over 60 students of the college.

The concert will include a variety of musical holiday traditions.

“There’s a celebration of Kwanzaa that includes West African Drumming and Dance as well as contemporary American Gospel,” said Byerly. “There’s also a look back at the sacred tradition, so excerpts from the Handel’s Messiah, as well as excerpts from Benjamin Britten’s A Ceremony of Carols.”

The event which includes aspects of dance and theatre is aimed to bring everyone together to listen to, “those tunes and songs that are heartwarming and endearing,” Byerly said.

Tickets for the AACC Concert Choir and Chamber Singers are $15 general admission; $10 AACC employees, active military, senior citizens, groups, outside students and children under 10; $5 students with valid AACC student ID. To contact the box office, please call 410-777-2457.
For more information, please visit www.aacc.edu/performingarts.