Scholarships offered to AACC students

Jymyaka Braden, Reporter

The children of AACC faculty and staff could qualify for scholarships of up to $100,000 from McDaniel College

The Maryland school has partnered with 11 community colleges in the Baltimore-Washington area.

The Educator’s Legacy scholarships are for students in grades K-12 or at one of those community colleges.

To qualify, the parent must have at least four years of current and consecutive full-time employment, and the students must have satisfactory progress in school.

McDaniel is a private liberal arts and sciences college with locations near Baltimore and Washington.

“Scholarships, along with grants, are a way for a student to earn an education with little to no out of pocket expense,” said AACC Coordinator of Scholarships and Maryland State Programs Michael McGranahan.

He noted that the technicalities of applying for scholarships could be worth it if there is a big payoff.

“If someone told you that you could get paid $200 for a couple hours of work, would you do it?” McGranaham added. “$500? $1,000? The one thing you can be assured of is that if you do not apply, you will get nothing.”

For more information about the transfer scholarship from McDaniel College, visit its website. For more information about institutional scholarships and grants, stop by the Financial Aid office in SSVC 160.