AACC men’s soccer overtakes Howard Community College

Megan Ladabouche, Sports Editor

AACC Men’s Soccer played Howard Community College on Oct. 4, ending with a 3-0 victory against the Dragons.

Freshman left midfielder Logan Mayette scored one for the Riverhawks at the 16-minute mark of the first half.

Within 20 seconds of Mayette’s goal, freshman center midfielder Mayglin Estrada, scored another goal.

With only five minutes to go in the first half, Estrada scored a second goal, giving the Riverhawks a 3-0 lead at halftime.

The Riverhawks received three penalties resulting in three yellow cards for Mayette, freshman Philip Kritikos, and freshman Perry Toskov Jr.

However, they held the lead throughout the game and after 90 minutes, beat the Dragons.

Assistant coach John Custer said despite everyone contributing a large amount of goals, the team still needs to find their groove.

“I think today was the day we kind of found out who we are and this is the consistency we’re going to implement the rest of the season,” Custer said.

Defender Andrew Wick said this game starts the second half of the Riverhawk’s season. He also said it will set the tone for the rest of the regular season games leading up to playoffs.

“It was just that mindset that we were going to win every ball and every play that really put us on top,” Wick said.

The Riverhawks followed the win up with 4-3 overtime victory at Northern Virginia Community College on Oct. 6.